Next Gen Strategy
Daystar Church is committed to the family. We want to help empower parents to raise their children to pursue Jesus Christ.
With a lot of thought and prayer, we have developed a plan to partner with families from birth through high school to help make this happen.
Daystar Church follows the Orange Strategy. Orange is what results from combining the love of the family (red) with the light of the church (yellow).
Orange is what takes place when the church and parents synchronize thier efforts to raise up the next generation.
From birth through high school, we have put together a strategy to partner with parents to empower their children to love God and other people.
We want all children to be taking the same four steps we have outlined for our adults to take: Grow, Connect, Serve, and Partner.
Grow is taking intentional steps to develop a relationship with Jesus at home and in church. Connect is focused on the quality time both between kids and parents, as well as parents and kids and small group leaders.
Serve is empowering kids to serve their family, their church, and their community. Partner is about the church partnering with parents to help them create a legacy of pursuing Christ in their family.
At Daystar we want everyone to Grow, Connect, Serve, and Partner. Here are the ways we can work together through our Orange Strategy to help your child take each of these four steps at each stage of their life.
- Grow: During the weekend experience, we will sing and pray over your child.
- Connect: We feel it is important to have consistent weekly leaders in the classroom and a low child to teacher ratio so that your child develops connections.
- Serve: Toddlers participate in picking up their toys.
- Partner: We will provide opportunities and resources for parents to disciple their children.
- Grow: Parents spend time with their children listening to worship music and praying over their children.
- Connect: Parents should prioritize distraction free child/parent interaction.
- Serve: Toddlers are capable of picking up toys and should be encouraged to do so at home. They will also watch their parents set the example of being helpful.
- Partner: Parents will use the provided resources from Daystar Kids at home.
- Grow: Each week we provide a Parent Cue card.
- Connect: Parent/Child Dedication and our social media pages are great ways to foster connection.
- Serve: At church and at home, your child will be watching adults provide examples of what it means to be helpful and will be given opportunities to participate.
- Partner: Parent/Child Dedication, parent emails, Baby Praise, and Small Talk are ways we partner with parents.
- Grow: The weekend experience is designed to present biblical lessons through the basic truths, worship and large group time.
- Connect: We will have small groups for your child beginning at age 3.
- Serve: We will provide opportunities that teach your children what it means to serve.
- Partner: We provide opportunities and resources for families to discipline their children.
- Grow: Cuddle time, play time, car time, and bath time are just a few examples of times that can be used to help your child grow.
- Connect: Encouraging distraction free, child/parent face time.
- Serve: Children will begin learning to serve by serving their family.
- Partner: Use the resources provided to begin conversations with your child.
- Grow: The Parent Cue App and Small Talk are great ways to encourage growth.
- Connect: The Rhythm event is designed to develop connections.
- Serve: Projects like Angel Tree and collecting food for Urban Ministries are great ways to partner and serve together.
- Partner: Parent/Child Dedication, DaystarKids social media, emails, Small Talk and Baby Praise are all ways we can partner together.
- Grow: The weekend experience includes a large group time designed to help your child grow spiritually through worship and relevant Bible teachings.
- Connect: Small groups, during our weekend experience, connect children to a support system saying the same things as their parents.
- Serve: Provide the opportunities for serving both in the church and around the world.
- Partner: Provide families with resources to disciple their kids.
- Grow: Develop daily God time with your child.
- Connect: Encourage distraction free, kid/parent face time; FX is an example of family time, and how to have fun as a family.
- Serve: Empower your child to become involved in the church and the community.
- Partner: Families use resources together and are shepherding their child's heart.
- Grow: Godtime cards, Camp Kidjam and the Parent Cue app are awesome resources to get you started.
- Connect: FX (Family Experience) is our strategy to empower you to have fun as a family, spend time together, and kick-off conversations that can continue at home.
- Serve: Special Missions projects, Angel Tree, and serving on the A-Team with a parent are opportunities for your child to be part of a bigger mission.
- Partner: Social media, emails, and resources like For Heaven's Sake and I am a Christian Now.
- Grow: Through worship, relevant Bible teaching and an environment designed to invite and answer questions, our Sunday Middle Schol service will help your student grow.
- Connect:We have small groups designed to teach the foundations of Christianity and a relational connection with fellow believers, so they can share their struggles.
- Serve: Students have the opportunity to serve independent of their parents, as well as attend a summer mission trip.
- Partner: Students begin inviting thier friends to church and special events because of their heart for the lost. They also attend growth track to serve and grow.
- Grow: With the help of parents, students can develop spending time with Jesus on their own: reading, praying, and worshipping.
- Connect: Parents are encouraged to open communication lines and spend intentional time with thier student.
- Serve: Students are encouraged to live out their faith at home and in school. They see the world around them as a mission field.
- Partner: Parents engage in intentional conversations with their student.
- Grow: Devotionals will be provided and followed up with parent emails.
- Connect: The emails sent to parents will include questions that relate to the sermon from the week to help open the communication lines.
- Serve: Summer Missions trips, serving on the A-Team, and other various service projects.
- Partner: REACH, VERT MS, Growth Track.
- Grow: Students attend the main worship service during our weekend experience, as well as the VERT High School service. When they attend the main worship service, they are challenged by the adults around them.
- Connect: Small groups are designed to provide a relational connection with fellow believers so they are relational and situational.
- Serve: Students are challenged to use VERT HS as their opportunity to serve and invite non-believers.
It is a student-led service in many aspects; students have the chance to lead on stage and in small groups at through Elevate. Students can also serve on the A-Team, and we have a summer missions trip every year.
- Partner: Students are encouraged to lead and love others. They attend Growth Track and Elevate to become leaders, and use the weekend services and the VERT HS service to invite their lost friends.
- Grow: Students continue spending time with Jesus on thier own. They are encouraged to engage in the 21 days of prayer and fasting, and morning prayer.
- Connect: Parents begin to prepare thier students for independance. Their guidance is crucial to the temptations at this time in thier lives.
- Serve: Students should be challenged to become more independent and contribute greatly to the household. They should live out their faith at home and in school.
- Partner: Parents stay involved in the lives of their students by praying for them, talking to them and maintaining intentional interaction.
- Grow: VERT HS, main weekend services, devotionals, 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting.
- Connect: Questions from the lesson in the Parent emails.
- Serve: Summer Missions, Elevate, and A-Team.
- Partner: REACH events, VERT HS services, and Growth Track.